Being towed on skis behind a sports car or motorcycle at speeds of up to 100mph was considered in 1955 to be the world’s most dangerous sport. Watch the film footage from Pathe to see why.
The ‘sport’ took place in Bavaria, Germany and saw fearless winter sports fanatics skiing behind a Porsche and Triumph motorcycles equipped with ice tyres. Incredibly no skier was injured during filming.
Skiing behind a Porsche
Travel insurance: Winter sports cover included for free
Whether you need insurance for holiday or business travel, ETA Travel Insurance has you covered (being towed behind a Porsche would be excluded)
Our emergency helpline is based in Britain, and our English-speaking support team is on standby to help you 24/7. ETA Travel Insurance can cover a single trip up to 87 days in length, or an unlimited number of trips per year with an annual multi-trip policy. Every travel insurance customer receives 17 days’ Winter Sports cover included for free, and because we think quality time is important, children travel free on all family policies. Get an instant quote
Why choose us?
- If all ski facilities at a pre-booked resort outside Britain are closed due to lack of snow, we pay up to £300 (excludes trips booked between the 1st May – 30th November)
- We pay up to £350 if your ski equipment is lost or stolen
- Generous cover for medical expenses, baggage, lost passports, personal accident and delayed or cancelled journeys with an excess of only £50
- Ethical Consumer Best Buy. We are 100% carbon neutral, and every policy sold helps fund campaigning for sustainable transport by our charity, the ETA Trust.
- Our emergency helpline is based in Britain so you can rest assured that our English-speaking support team is on standby to help you 24/7