For all annual policies purchased after 31st March 2018:
For all annual policies purchased after 31st March 2017:
For all monthly policies purchased after 31st March 2018:
For all monthly policies purchased after 31st March 2017:
Cycle Hire Insurance
For all policies purchased after 31st March 2018:
For all policies purchased after 31st March 2017:
Check out the 5 most common reasons why cycle insurance claims are denied. Full details can be found within your cycle insurance policy wording.
- Loss or damage caused by depreciation in value, wear and tear, cleaning, alteration, adjusting, restoration, repair, maintenance, mechanical or electrical breakdown, scratching, misuse, atmospheric or climate conditions.
- Loss or damage caused by insects, vermin, fungus, domestic pet or any gradually operating cause.
- Loss or damage to tyres or accessories unless the pedal cycle is lost or damaged at the same time.
- Claims where the pedal cycle has a value of more than £5,000 inclusive of any extra accessories.
- Claims where the sum insured is less than the replacement value of the pedal cycle inclusive of any extra accessories. Note: The purpose of this exclusion is to prevent pedal cycles from being part/under-insured.
- Claims where the pedal cycle has been left unattended for more than twelve hours at any one time in a location to which the public has access or for more than 24 hours if left at a railway station.
- Theft if your cycle is left in communal areas if not securely locked to an immovable object.
- Claims arising from instances where your bike was left unattended in a public place between the hours of 01.00 and 04.00am shall be subject to a higher excess of 25%, or £100 minimum.
Data Protection Act 1998
Please note that any information provided to us will be processed by us and our agents in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to third parties. We may also send the information in confidence for process to other companies acting on their instructions including those located outside the European Economic Area.
Documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF): you can download a free reader for PDF files, if you don’t already have one installed on your computer, from Adobe’s Site.