Whilst in Britain:
- Up to one hour’s free labour at the roadside
- Recovery to a single destination in Britain, OR
- One night’s accommodation while the vehicle is repaired at a maximum of £60 per person, OR
- Onward travel for you and your passengers to complete your journey, and a return journey for one person to collect the repaired car, OR
- Car hire for up to 5 days to a maximum of £40 per day whilst your vehicle is being repaired
Once travelling abroad in Europe, you’ll also be entitled to:
- Car / motorcycle hire for up to 14 days to a maximum of £60 per day
- If your vehicle cannot be repaired within 72 hours we will arrange for it to be repatriated to your home
- Transportation costs for you and your passengers to return home separately from your vehicle and also for one person to return to it once it has been repaired
Where do we cover?
Our territorial limits include all countries governed by the European Union, plus Norway and Switzerland. The full list of countries covered by ETA European Breakdown Cover is:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Norway & Switzerland.
Cover for travel through any of the countries listed above is charged at the same rate.
Do you cover vans/motorbikes/mopeds?
Yes, we cover all vehicles as long as they do not fall into our significant exclusions (see below).
Are there any significant exclusions or limitations?
The following do not qualify for breakdown cover:
- Vehicles greater than 3.5 tons gross weight, 5.19m length, 1.91m width and 2.43m height
- Taxis or private hire vehicles
- Recovery of caravans/trailers that do not have a standard 50mm tow coupling
- Costs other than vehicle recovery, which exceed £2,000 per claim
- Vehicles 20 years old and over
For full details please refer to our policy wording.