The Crua Hybrid combines a tent with a hammock, sleeping bag and air mattress.
Journeys are most rewarding when you travel lightly. In every sense. Why drive on holiday when you can cycle? Why cycle when you can walk? The slower your pace, the more you see, the more folk you meet and the kinder you are to your environment.
A need to save money and the growing understanding that to preserve our environment we should tread lightly when we travel has seen a resurgence of interest in camping. The secret is to carry the least amount you can. The Crua Hybrid is a one-person tent that can be suspended between trees if the ground is uneven.
The tent/hammock hybrid includes a built-in air mattress, a sleeping bag and ability to link up with other Hybrid tents and form your own tent city.
The clever design tips the scales at just over 3 kg so there is no significant increase in weight over packing a separate tent, sleeping bag and air mattress, but there is a price penalty. The Crua Hybrid can be pre-ordered via Kickstarter for the equivalent of £200 including shipping. It’s about a third more expensive than buying all the elements separately, but the $250,000 pledged in pre-orders is testament to how many are happy to pay a little extra for the hammock feature and ease of packing.
- Insect mesh to keep out unwanted guests
- Lightweight aircraft grade aluminium poles with a shock chord system
- Hammock set-up can hold a total weight of 129 kg (20 stone)
- Total weight of 3.15 kg including tent/hammock, insulated air mattress and sleeping bag
Ethical travel insurance
We believe we should tread lightly when we travel. It’s the reason every travel insurance policy you buy from us helps fund campaigning for sustainable transport by our charity, the ETA Trust. Don’t take our word for it – we have been voted ethical by The Good Shopping Guide.
- Generous cover for medical expenses, baggage, lost passports, personal accident and delayed or cancelled journeys with an excess of only £50
- Rated by Ethical Consumer as a Best Buy. We are 100% carbon neutral
- Our emergency helpline based in Britain is on standby to help you 24/7